Los Angeles County Museum of Art In Los Angeles CA is a art museum on Wilshire Blvd.
The LACMA is located in the Miracle Mile district of Los Angeles, CA near the La Brea Tar Pits and George C. Page Museum. With about 1,100 works of art spanning both ancient and modern times, it’s one of the largest museums in the western U.S.. There are many programs that go on at the museum including performances, lectures, workshops and film screenings. The museum also houses Prop Store from London which holds pop culture items such as costumes and props from famous movies and TV shows like Harry Potter and Indiana Jones among hundreds more. Some exhibits includes:
– Art Since 1900 – 1945 – Hall Albright Knox Contemporary – Chinese – Indian – Iranian – Islamic – Ancient Near Eastern
– European Paintings, Sculpture and Decorative Arts before 1800
– African Art + Pacific Languages and Cultures from New Guinea
– Masterpieces of the J. Paul Getty Museum: 50 reunions from Rome
– Frida Kahlo – A Passion for Life
– Monet Water Lilies – The Painting Exhibition
– El Greco to Velazquez : Renaissance Masterpieces from The Museo del Prado .
The Miracle Mile is a neighborhood in Los Angeles located within the Midtown section of the city, which includes the prestigious enclave of Hancock Park. Bordered by Wilshire Boulevard, Fairfax Avenue and Highland Avenue it lies north of Beverly Hills.